Once you have been formally accepted, you will have access to a comprehensive source of information and support for your trip. You will receive an introduction from a Volunteer Advisor, who will be your primary point of contact with WIN-NEPAL until your leave Nepal.
What are Volunteer Advisors?
These qualified and experienced WIN-NEPAL staff-members contact volunteers to discuss the details of their trip, answer any questions, and address any concerns. They are always available by Skype or email and you will be able to stay in touch with them before you leave and while you are away.
What do they do?
Volunteer Advisors are in charge of the following:
- Gathering your resume and preferences for your project
- Helping you with your personal WIN-NEPAL project
- Providing visa instructions and guidance
- Sharing information about your host family and placement
- Making sure that you are on track with everything regarding your trip
- Answering any questions you have on what you should pack
- Advising you on arrival procedures in destination
Your Volunteer Advisor is the best person to give you personalized advice and prepare you fully for the experience ahead. They can also provide you with useful tips on coping with culture shock and practical advice on how to get the most out of placements.